Sunday 26 March 2023

Loft Decorating, Episode 13.5

I managed to get an hour today to finish off the carpet. 

The bulge that I referred to yesterday mostly went away after being stretched.


However, I couldn't get the carpet to stretch enough to make up for my cutting it too aggressively down one side. You can see it in the above pic, down the left-hand side. Ended up stapling it. It doesn't look good and I've probably ruined the longevity of the carpet but I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want to leave it completely unattached as that felt like asking for trouble.


Then I reattached the door. It fits and can close but could probably do with 2 or 3 millimetres taking off the bottom to make the movement easier.


Once the curtains are up, we can begin the big move. Getting children numbers 2 and 3 into here, getting us moved into the room they move out of and then the stuff stored in the living room can move up to room we moved out of. At which point, the massive logistics operation that started a year ago will finally be complete!

 

No comments: