Thursday 11 November 2010

Community Empowerment

On Monday I published a document outlining my vision and ideas on giving power to the people and restructuring the machinery of government accordingly.

At 14 pages long it's a brief foray into the realms of Localism and Devolution but hopefully it's long enough to provoke some discussion on the matter.

For me, the simple truth is that a lot of people in this fair country have become dependant on the State to do their thinking for them. This has led to a vacuum where the state has had to intrude further on our lives and 'nanny' us further.

I believe that the people of this country are better than that. I believe that, given the right tools and the right knowledge, they will come forward and help shape their own community.

If this has you intrigued, please have a read of my paper. I'd be interested to know what you think too, so feel free to comment or expand on my ideas further.

Community Empowerment

No comments: