Thursday 17 May 2007

The Post That Was to be Called "The Right Thing to do is Rarely the Easiest".

Words seem to be flowing quite well today.

I have no huge rant about politics. I will, however, point you in the direction of WebCameron. Alas, I fear that this is yet another attempt to pretend that the people actually matter in politics. I'm not so naive as to think that I can be pleased all of the time. Difficult decisions have to be made and you're not going to please everybody all of the time.

In my shorter than average time on this earth I have witnessed things improve. I have also witnessed things get worse. I shan't bore you with the detail.

Well nobody seems to have mentioned the bank holiday weekend when I had guests. Yes, you read correctly, guests. They were well mannered, tidy and good company. I must admit to a feeling of sorrow when they left. Well, I say sorrow. I think they may have been quite glad after stopping up late to watch the complete Genesis of the Daleks episode.

The meal over in the "big city" was nice though. Talking of which, I have another one to go to tomorrow. Should be fun. I doubt I'll be stopping out late. I'm busy on Saturday too. I'm helping a friend move some things.

Talking of Saturdays (see how smooth my links are?!) I am contemplating joining a community project. It isn't my community (which kind of ruins the point) but at least I know that they will know me. Therefore they won't be quite as ready to think I'm some teenage hooligan. It's only a bit of gardening, but it'll get me out of the house.

Talking of gardening (see - you'd think this was planned!) I have to sort out the back garden. It's starting to look a bit wild. So I have bought a fork (the large gardening variety, not the eating variety) to dig up weeds and the like. Should be good!

Anyway, it's getting later and later as I email and write blogs, and email and email and email. So I'm wondering if I'll ever get to do the washing up! (Washing up being required prior to the commencement of cooking).

So goodbye people. Stay safe, stay happy, stay beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

or you could do what I did and get something out the freezer that just requires cooking on foil on a baking tray and then serving in a bowl with a spoon. Although I did have to wash the bowl and spoon, but the thing had been cooking for 30 mins by then.

me