Tuesday 18 April 2006

Progress Update.
Well it feels like this is really happening now. I've been in a bit of a daze over the past week and STILL haven't told everyone who I want to know.

To bring us up to date:
I've washed the necessary clothes and I've worked out a budget for the period whilst I'm in a B&B looking for a house. I have 4 weeks to find a place, I don't know if that's enough but I'm gonna give it my best shot! Hopefully I'll get paid at some point during this 4 weeks - that way I'll be able to have a proper meal (not joking).

Met Tracy today in the town of Crewe. It was an okay place - I'm not sure what I make of it though. We got accosted by a very drunk woman - friendly but verrrry, verrrrrry drrrunk - as is customary on our trips. Won't see Tracy again now for 4 or so weeks, unless I'm lucky.

I wanted to go and visit the railway museum in Crewe. The first hard bit was finding the ruddy place. When we finally did, we found it was shut. Still, at least I know how to get there now. Just being around some of the trains today recalled my desire to work as a volunteer in some sort of preservation society for steam loco's.

So we spent the rest of the day wandering around Crewe. It was a small place. We did a bit of window shopping and sat in the sun for a bit. Can't say there was a right lot to do there.

Well that brings us up to date. Now for the important future info...

As of Saturday my only access to the internet will be through my mobile phone. It takes me a good 20 minutes to set my phone up to send email / post to this blog; so for all intents and purposes you won't be hearing from me until I have an internet connection up and running.

I have what I call a roll-out budget. From the time I secure accomadation I have my major purchases and general cash-flow planned out. An internet connection should materealise within the first 2 months so you can expect sporadic updates between late May and July.

Bit more job info - though I'm hesitant to post too much. I have a job title - Engineering Technician. I'll find out more once I start. I get to wear a shirt and tie. Not too keen on ties, but I do look good in a shirt and I've been hoping for a job where I can wear a shirt and trousers. I'm going to have to go shopping for shirts and ties - I didn't budget for this so I'm not sure how I'll pay for them :-s

So apart from a little shopping, all I can do is wait. If there's one thing I hate it's hanging around! I get restless. I now can't get to sleep easily. So my eyes are itchy and bloodshot. My knees and back hurt - though this isn't helped by all the fence building I've been doing in Dad's back garden.

Well, the snooker is on. May as well watch that then.

I'll post again before I go. It'll be strange without the web (I'm not expecting web access at work).

No comments: