Thursday 13 April 2006

Wheels; and Motion Thereof.
Today the planning begin. Though some play of a certain Worms 4 demo I downloaded yesterday may also occur.

I have this picture in my head of a rusty, heavy old train roaring into life. The steam flowing, like life blood, through the tubes and pistons. The fire getting hotter with the nice new coal bought specially for this occasion. There's people running around oiling the beast; ready for it to pull away from this station. Moving for the first time in years, it will creak into life. Begrudgingly allowing the wheels to turn.

Now that I know my start date I have arranged, with kind help of the company, some temporary accomodation. I've decided to leave it until I'm there to look round properties. Then I can look in the papers too. I could do it online but getting around to view the houses would be more awkward.

So the next step is to get a budget sorted. Then I can work out in what order things need to be bought. I want a new car for instance, but that will have to be much lower on the list.

Last night I did a bit of celebrating. We (3 of us) got through two bottles of champagne and a 4 pack of lager. Reassuringly expensive (and, by my standards, chuffin strong) lager. My head seems to be spinning. I shall have breakfast in a bit - that should help. Then I'm off to Coventry (again!) to pick up a key, to drive to Brum to unlock a door, search for a tape then lock said door again, then drive elsewhere in Brum to deliver said tape.

I think I'll play Worms 4 after I eat.

TTFN

No comments: