Tuesday 21 February 2006

A Week In The Life Of...
ME.

Well, lets start on Sunday shall we - as good a start as any.

So I'm eating my tea and I decide to move to plan C as regards job hunting. There are four plans. So this is my penultimate resort, so to speak.

Plan C, however, requires preparation. Excersise to be exact - I need to get fit. So I think "let's start swimming".

So Monday morning I go out to the local swimming baths (I tried ringing ahead, but they refused to answer their phones - and it was the right numbers because I asked when I got there). Their public opening times were pathetic. So I went to our next nearest baths. Their public opening times were even worse (45 minutes a day to be exact). I now had a choice... keep searching or bugger it for the day and go home (it was now 3pm and I hadn't eaten yet). I chose to go home.

Feeling dissapoined, I was thinking about what I could do that day that would be proactive. Then I remembered that I'd seen a blood donation centre on my travels; so off I went to give blood. (after eating of course).

Bear in mind that I had a stomach bug just 9 days ago. This was why I couldn't give blood - I needed to wait 14 days, so I'm going back next Monday.

So I left the building feeling quite dejected. So I thought "lets get my hair cut"; I was determined to do something useful that day. £8.70 later, my hair was tidy and looking a lot better. I would have cut my own hair but I wanted to have the back of my head done properly. There aren't that many places round here to get a haircut, so I put up with the price. They do a good job, so I get some value for money.

Then let me bring you to today. Up I get, nice and early, with the intention of going cycling. Tyres needed pumping up, but that was easily solved once I managed to track down a pump. Needed to track down gloves, hat, bag, baggy trousers and water bottle.

Once all that was together, I set out at about 10:45. I returned, 16 miles and 4 hours later. I didn't realise I was so unfit.. an average of 4 mph?! Awful. I hope to improve somewhat.

So now I'm watching the olympics. I like Olympics.

I'll sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My record is 8 miles in 50 mins. I could never do the return journey as quickly though.

Our local swimming pool at home home opens at 6:30am.

me=still ill