Tuesday 7 February 2006

Tuesday Update.
Hello, good afternoon and welcome to Tuesday. It isn't a bright sunny day here, nor is it particularly warm. I'm still unemployed and some of the happenings over the weekend have been ludicrous in my opinion.

Yet, somehow, I'm happy. Tired, bored but content.

I have applied to four jobs since my last post. One in Edinburgh, one in Worcester, one in Cambridge and another in Tamworth. I'm due to hear about the Worcester job today so I may chase them up tonight if I hear nothing. The jobs aren't anywhere near what I want to do, nor could most of them lead to what I want to do. But it's problem solving - which is what I truly enjoy.

So now I'm talking to another of my parents cousin's! Again, a cousin of the female variety. A thought has just occurred to me - my family history contacts are predominantly female; why is this?

There's not much in the way of space news either really. New Horizons is doing well. Mars Reconnaisance Orbiter is in its approach phase (about a month to go before orbit insertion). Mars Express is doing well - coming up with some stunning pictures. Venus Express I haven't heard anything about for a while, so I don't think there's anything new to report there. We're still waiting for the Stardust project to begin its online analysis thing - I'm looking forward to that :-)

I'm creating my own buildings for Sim City. Yes, that's how bored I am. Expect screenshots.

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow Tom Reynolds is a Neil Gaiman fan - or at least a reader of his blog. Coolness!

As for the female cousin comment. Either you have a higher proportion of females to males in your family or that the females like doing the research and the men do not. Off my forum I think there are slightly more females than males actually.

And for Toms french/german wine linkage... I'd buy German because I dont do french wine if I am buying. In Germany I specially made sure I was getting German wine in a bar.