Thursday 2 February 2006

Official Announcement.
It is with regret that I must inform you that we are now switching to Plan B. I heard back from the company this morining and they won't be taking me on. The letter is quoted below. It was a 'nice' letter which is probably why I'm not that upset yet; that said, I haven't stopped trembling since opening the letter over an hour ago. So it will probably sink in later - what chance do I stand if I can't get a job I performed brilliantly for in interview, that was perfect for me and I was perfect for them? How am I supposed to get experience if an employer who is a great believer in training his workforce doesn't think I'm up to the job? Anyway, before I go out and visit family (and show off my lovely family tree project), here is the letter...
"Thankyou again for visiting [us] and I apologise for the short delay
in replying.

As you know, we were impressed with your abilities and it has been very difficult for us to make a final decision. Unfortunately, however, we have decided that your skills, at this time, do not fully match our requirements and we cannot, therefore, offer you the post.

We will be recruiting again some time next year if company plans come to fruition and we will certainly keep your name on our records.

We wish you every success in your future career."

No comments: