Monday 28 November 2005

Christmas, Jobs and Family History.
I have managed to buy most of my Christmas presents already. So I should have beaten that mad rush of people with any luck. It was bad enough going to the shopping centre last Saturday!

The job search goes on. No new interviews, a couple companies have received my CV. Other than that, no news. After Christmas I shall get a job. I haven't decided what type of company, but I doubt it will be relevant and/or useful experience.

As for family history, I'm on 560-ish people. I have cracked my Mom's "brick wall", and I have traced the company we thought an ancestor had set up. I'm learning much about the family from a couple of contacts I've made. Kind of takes the pressure off me if you know what I mean.

It has just started snowing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognise that bridge! But what has it got to do with the post? Or is it just there to make it look pretty?

Anonymous said...

You'll find another brick wall soon enough. I have about half a dozen that I can think of off the top of my head and all my info is at home.

Anonymous said...

A job with transferrable skills will be good. Preferably an office job so that you can say you have office exerience. Although I think you already do. But more is good.

Glad I did my year out in England. I got lots of work experience and although it has nothing to do with what I graduate with it is still pretty useful.

Anonymous said...

I havent bought a single christmas present.

Lee said...

Bridge; water under. Time; flowing onward. Also pretty.

Get Shopping!