Friday 11 February 2005

And you said I hadn't said anything profound lately...

Well today and last night I had a few of those rare moments. You know the ones - where the world makes sense, where the world seems to share a common conciousness. And now I shall explain.

Firstly, something sweet - my land lady's granddaughter wouldn't go to bed till I kissed her goodnight. Bless.

Secondly, though it hasn't happened in while, you know when you're around animals and there;s this understanding that you share. I find it happens with dogs more than cats. In fact, it's prett much just dogs now I come to thik about it.

Thirdly, This morning I drove to the car park and when I got there I just sat. For half an hour I found myself just enjoying the sun, the breeze, the blue sky (I should mention tthat I had the window wound down). That was nice.

Fourthly, something I found intriguing yesterday. There's this project into collective conciousness...
There are these little black boxes that contain an electronic random number generator. There are only two possible outcomes - a '0' or a '1'. So the theory of probability states that the number of 1's should (roughly) equal the number of 0's over any reasonable period of time. Well, the clever bit is yet to come. A scientist took one of these black boxes and sat people in front of it. He told them to concentrate on either a 1 or a 0. Remarkably, there was a sizeable shift in the number of 1's and 0's generated - they were no longer equal.
Being cynical, you could easily be forgiven for saying this could be chance. Well it was repeatable and no matter how it was tested, it still held true.

But it gets better. These black boxes (multiple boxes around the world) even registered events of global significance - Princess Diana's funeral, huge floods etc.

But it still gets better. In a twist to these results, the boxes have also shown the apparent ability to predict the future. For example, the asian tsunami, the planes hitting the world trade centre in new york generated a massive reactoon up to 4 hours before the event.

Ok, so you could argue that you could probably find any event to tie in with these shifts in the balance of 1's and 0's. But apparently they have managed to prove this is not the case. Similarly many experiments on preminition have been successfully carried out - just places are too shy to publish their results for fear of ridicule.

Unfortunately at this time I have no links to offer you so that you can look into this yourselves, but the story was carried in either the Daily Mail or Daily Express - one of them. Hopefully they haven't made this one up (like they seem prone to doing) cos then I've just wasted a good 20 minutes explaining all that.

No comments: