Tuesday 8 February 2005

Hello All,

I'm okay. Had a bit of a sore throat but I have a feeling that was down to dust mites. So I've hoovered everything (including mattress), polished, cleaned and so I should sleep well tonight.

Seem to be haemoraging money again. It's not like I'm spending recklessley, I'm buying only the essentials... Shopping, parts for project. Er, that's it!!! Oh yes, the hotel/flight costs for my upcoming trip to Germany have made a bit of a dent. But again - it's not like I'm flying first class and stopping in 5 star luxury with chauffeur driven limo. Though it would be nice... *daydream*

Valentines day is coming up. Not doing much for it - mainly because I don't believe in it. But I have a lovely little plan. It's got sweet value. Not much practical value, but I'm hoping she won't notice. ;-)

Uni is plodding along. Project is still making me anxious. I feel like I need to work harder - but there's nothing I can do. Today i ordered the last parts I should need. I also contacted someone about wheels for my project - I have no idea where to get them from!

Anyway, enough shop talk.

I'm ready for my tea. Am having "Spanish Chicken" tonight. I've not tried it before. Talking of not trying things before, I tried some porridge for the first time in aaaaages... possibly in decades. I liked it. It's cheaper and more filling than cereal - also seems to keep me going better. So I'm going to switch.

I really haven't a lot to say just lately. I'm still keeping apprised of world events, but I really can't be bothered commenting as it's all been said before.

In sci-fi news Red Dwarf movie doesn't look any closer - in fact it looks further away now. I say give up, shove it in a huge book with proper cast pics and we'll be happy.

Stargate is looking good just lately - also atlantis is picking up a bit.

In S.T. Enterprise, well, it's been axed hasn't it! I hope they manage to put a nice ending on it
[get ready for the tenuous link.......brace yourself......you ready?.......]
unlike farscape which got axed at the end of the first part of a two part episode! Which brings me nicely to my concluding grievance... Sky One have (to the average person) ruined the conclusion to the farscape cliffhanger. As I understand it, the new mini series is designed to finish off the series. Well, in the trailers they resolved the cliffhanger. I'll still watch it when I get the chance.

And the only reason I'm talking about these is because I've only just caught up. So I have all my info in one big burst. I got rid of my burst of political energy a few weeks back.

Do you think this post reflects the confused, tired yet motivated mind of the author?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

porridge with sultanas and syrup. mmm lecker! (lecker being German word for yummy) thus you get one of your 5 a day portions of fruit in breakfast. You get calcium in milk and lots of good energy in oats and the syrup (not too much) just sweetens it up a bit. AND it is better for you than sugar. I think. Or is that honey?

The chauffeur driven limmo will take the form of tube trains, double decker trains and bendy busses. We might also have to settle for non-bendy busses and single decker trains at times, but there will be trams to try out too of course. You can always hang 5 stars above your bed in the hotel. Just for the look of the thing. *winks* and I am so small that economy flights given me ample leg room and I think I could sit cross-legged in business class if I ever get that much money to be able to waste.

Not doing anything at all for Valentines this year, so any surprise cards anyone I know gets are NOT from me. I am far too skint anyway.

The only thing is with porridge if you make it too close to going out you burn mouth eating it and then dont have time to rinse bowl and when you get back it is set like concrete. Even after a one hour lecture. Trust me - I only ever did it once.

I had a weird sort of stir fry. Fruit and veg and chick peas and rice. One minor ammendment to make to recipe and it will be perfect - which was really surprising considering it was just a thing of going round shop and picking up random things and then cutting them up and frying them. Lecker! Just have to peel the mango next time. Yeah, mango in a stir fry. Wasnt quite sure if it would work, but it did. Obviously now I'm gonna have to explain. Mango, onion, carrot, yellow pepper, chick peas and rice. There would have been apple too, but the pan wasnt big enuff and neither were my insides.

random rambling again. Time keeps flying by now I am at home and it's the middle of the night almost dammit!