Monday 15 November 2004

Sorry to keep you hanging on like that... I never did a reply.

Well, as you may guess, it's been a busy week. and a bit.

Have cracked my assignment - now it's just a case of finding time to get it done. Haven't worked on it today like I should have - I've been doing some writing for my project - I can't believe it's taken me over 5 hours to come up with two pages of info - what HAVE i been doing with the time?

It's not like I write slowly. Ok, so I sent a few emails, but that doesn't take 5 hours!!!

Well, it's been a long day, and tomorrow isn't looking good either. Plenty to be doing.

Haven't fixed my car yet. Had a go at the weekend, but I couldn't undo the third of 3 nuts. So will have to by a socket wrench. I think that's what it's called. I require sockets at any rate.

Cut my finger at work - it was quite a nasty cut - deep and right on the edge of my nail. So it doesn't bleed out of the wound, it bleeds from under my nail - a spooky sight to say the least.

I'm tired, hungry and need the loo, so I think I'll put my books back on the library shelves and call it a day. Forgot to take meat out last night for tea - so I'll pop over to ASDA on my way home and pick some stuff up - i need to go anyway.

Oh - have you heard about the potential mumps epidemic? Well apparently, 70% of my uni's student population (0f 16,000) is susceptible to mumps. I'm ok - I had the two jabs, but already I think 4 people have mumps here. I'm always a bit cautious now when anyone starts coughing or sneezing.

Well, I hope I haven't been being selfish or anything just lately - and I think I'm living a good life. Uni is stressful, but still better than my work placement - mainly cos I'm doing stuff that interests me here!

Right, enough waffle, time to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was one of my *friends* had mumps just before I got here. I had the two jabs though.

Curry in the pan cooking now.

You sent about 8 emails to me all in a row. That might explain about 30mins of your day.

For your socket set, do you want a really expensive set with life-time garantee? Very stealable also. But if it breaks and you were using it for its purpose then they will swap it for a new one of the same. If so, go for *snap-on*. Otherwise buy anything but if it breaks you need to buy a new one.

You want a ratchet and socket set. The ratchet is the type of wrench thing you want. You can then set it to on/off and it is much easier than a non-ratchet way of doing it.

Shaz (almost forgot to sign - would you have guessed who I was?)

Lee said...

Yes, I would've guessed it was you Shaz.

It was the expertise with sockets and ratchets that gave it away ;-)

Anonymous said...

not the curry? Or the fact you possibly didnt send anyone else quite that many emails?