Tuesday 11 April 2023

Getting tidier now

Another decent team effort today; had the oldest two offspring helping me assemble the second wardrobe. In fact, they worked together at times so all I had to do was supervise.


Once assembled and slid into place, there were a couple of 'polish' issues that needed taking care of.

Firstly, the right-hand wardrobe was leaning further forwards than the left (remember the dodgy floor boards from when I lay the carpet? - yep, that's what was causing it). So I slipped a thin piece of wood below the front edge of the wardrobe and it's now a lot better. A fraction too high but way less noticeable.



Secondly, the left-hand wardrobe is not square - it leans to the right. This has always been this way. The leaning causes the latch to be misaligned and so the latch doesn't lift high enough. So I took my plunge cutter and a chisel to it. It's so neat you can barely tell where I chopped:


The left-hand door of the left-hand wardrobe also didn't close easily. Again, this had always been the case. I was able to fix it by bending the hinges slightly to move the door a few millimetres away from the door frame. This did the trick.

Meanwhile, Tracy has been busy filling the newly assembled wardrobe. With the old built-in wardrobes now empty, the mountain of clothes could finally be rehomed.



No comments: