Thursday 23 March 2023

Loft Decorating, Episode 12

Long day today. Trying to put some thoughts in order but I just want to sleep.

So, an eternity ago this morning, I gave the woodwork a second coat of paint.


While that dried, I fitted the last two handles to the kitchen cupboards.


However, my heavy arse broke the step I was using as a seat.


So I headed back upstairs and upstairs again to the loft. Gave the woodwork a third coat of paint.


While that coat dried, I tidied up the landing so that all the crap from the floor of the bedroom could be relocated.

With the extra space, there was now room to fit the rest of the carpet grippers. I found a way of hammering the nails in underneath the radiator. One hammer was held just above the nail and a second hammer smacked the first into the nail. Bit fiddly to get under the radiator pipes, but got there in the end.


So then I needed to move the massive roll of carpet to allow fitting of the underlay. Glad nobody needed to use the stairs:

Before I could fit the underlay I needed to get rid of the lumps of glue and plaster strewn over the floor. This took a lot of scraping, sweeping and hoovering.

Nevertheless, got the first run of underlay down...

And a second run...

This is where I left it for today. Body needs rest. I feel good about the progress. Carpet will be painful but should have most of the day to deal with it.

No comments: