Sunday 26 February 2023

Loft Decorating, Episode 10

Well last weekend was a right-off. I'll spare you the details but I apologise for not being more productive.

So today I finally got back to the DIY. Just some painting; yet another coat of that beautiful green. I was going to hang the door back up too but I think I'd rather sleep right now.

Once the door is back up there'll be space to start painting the remaining two walls of skirting boards and the other windowsill.



In other news, I moved the firstborn's wardrobe from its temporary home (cluttering up the secondborn's bedroom) up into her loft bedroom. This was not done through a Health and Safety approved process. 

What I should have done is empty and then dismantle the wardrobe, took the bits upstairs and then reassembled in-situ. 

What I actually did was walk the wardrobe to the bottom of the stairs, tried to lift it up the stairs, decided it needed emptying so mostly emptied it, then lifted it again but this time by climbing underneath it and pushing it up on my back. That got it so it could be slid up the straight part of the staircase, which the firstborn helped with. Secondborn stood at the top of the stairs to tell me if the wardrobe was going to hit something. Once near the top I rotated the wardrobe (so it was now upside down) lifted it up a step, then rotated it again so that it was now on its side. From there it was much more straightforward to get it into position under the bed.

Yeah, not a very safe way to do that job at all!

No comments: