Sunday 29 January 2023

Loft Decorating, Episode 8

Gentle start to the day after a very late night. So I didn't actually start work until after 1400! I carried on untill 2100 though, so still got a decent but done.

So today I sanded and then painted over the wood filler (it didn't dry enough yesterday to be painted) and gave both doors and the large bedroom's doorframe a second coat of primer. 


While that dried I cracked open the dark green wood paint and made a start on the large bedroom's skirting boards. It's a lovely colour, I was very impressed.


By this point, the firstborn's door was dry so I decided to put it back in it's hinges. Well, I say that but in reality she came up the stairs saying mom had said it was time for bed. So I didn't have a huge amount of choice in the matter! Went up nicely though. 

Once all the kids were asleep I decided to use some of the carpet offcuts on the stairs. Just to be a bit nicer (and cleaner) to walk around.


Since I was on a roll, I put some underlay and carpet down in the corner by the kitchen door. This was an entry point for draughts.


I've now exhausted Dad's supply of antique staples so I've bought some more. I think I've replaced like for like but I'll be interested to get his opinion on any difference.




No comments: