Saturday 2 May 2020

What happened to the new content?

"I was promised new content, Lee - where has it got to?"
 That, my friend, is a very fair question.

I made a lot of progress in planning out videos. I had 3 documentaries roughed out in a sort of storyboard of what I wanted to show and highlighting what location filming would be needed.

I then started testing the videoing process. I bought a tripod and did some test recordings but the video quality just wasn't up to modern YouTube standards.

The on-screen graphics were going to look better than I feared but were still incredibly amateurish.

Then there was the matter of safety while filming - the three hidden bits of history I'd identified were all in fairly rough areas; did I really want to take my equipment and stand in the middle of these rough areas early in the morning with nobody around and no one to help me?

So that's where it got left. I still believe in the concept, I think it's an interesting idea. I'm just not sure of the format or my equipment / skill level - is a documentary at the quality level I envisage even achievable?

It's probably not worth doing but that's not a problem for me - I'd have fun doing it. So if anyone with a fancy camera wants to join me and guard my body as I film, then I'm open to offers!


No comments: