Saturday 15 January 2011

Oldham East & Saddleworth

I did my first bit of by-election campaigning last week. It was a positive experience. The people running the HQ really impressed me and I have no idea how they still have hair after trying to bring order to the ever changing situation!

Tim Farron (the new Lib Dem President) turned up while I was there too. He gave a nice little speech and went off to do some campaigning. Seemed a nice chap. I'm now in a video of that speech though I don't know who has that video or what it'll be used for.

It's a shame we didn't win, since we were so close last May but I'm glad we didn't get "slaughtered" like some people were predicting. I'm not going to attempt to analyse the result simply because you can twist statistics to mean anything and without individually asking each member of the constituency why they did/didn't vote and why they did/didn't change who they voted for then I don't see any conclusion as being sound.


Next time I go to a by-election I'm taking my car and a map!

No comments: