Saturday 28 April 2007

The Grand Old Duke of York...
...He had ten thousand men
...He marched them up to the top of the hill
...And he marched them down again.

Indeed he did and indeed have I.

Or, in plain English, I climbed a big hill today. Or, as an equally crap title could have been "She'll be coming round the mountain" but that's doesn't quite have the same resonance for some reason!

Man do I feel exhausted. My toes hurt, my muscles are sluggish and my concentration is faint. I climbed 300 metres above my house, which really took its toll on me, before I went on to complete the 6 mile (ish) round trip.

The views were amazing though. I could see right over to Queensferry and straight over to Holyhead. If visibility had been better I bet I could've seen Liverpool.

Anyway, it's Saturday evening, so you know what that means - it's another half baked Doctor Who review! 'Yay' I hear you all chant!

Well, as I said last week, there were a few loose ends that needed tying up and they got tidied up quite nicely. So I have been comforted by the daleks behaving like daleks. None of this namby-pamby genetic hybrid mallarky.

The way Martha appears to fancy the doctor is, whilst understandable to a degree, getting a bit too much air time for my liking. But I guess it appeals to the more casual viewer and it does tie the story back to reality. After all - how many women do you know that find the Mr Tennant more than a little scrummy? Personally, I know loads.

That's all I wanted to / had the energy to say. I liked the episode, my worries from last week's episode were cured and my addiction to sci-fi has been alleviated successfully. So I'm a happy bunny.

Okay, so a smelly happy bunny. I'm looking forward to having a shower later. There's another show on tonight that I'll be watching. Who remember's Allo Allo? Not who as in doctor - I'm not punning. I'll let the BBC explain. It's on tonight at 9. That's 20 minutes from now.

Have fun all :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a week I'll be with you! Mwahahaha! Have you got any ideas about what to do for food & entertainment next sunday night?

I'm bored! I've tried to do work, but I can't get my head round a concept in fortran programming and now I have a headache. None of my programming friends are online. So I can't ask. Bummer!

Hamburg or Berlin? If you had a choice, which would you choose?

Blame blogger if this posts twice!

Anonymous said...

Hasbro are creating a Here and Now UK Edition of the monopoly board. The places are decided by voting from everyone!

BBC News Story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6598151.stm

I'm voting to get Aber on the map!!!

To Vote:
Go Here: http://www.monopoly.co.uk/vote.aspx
Once reading the instructions click on "Wildcard Somewhere Else? Go"
Enter "Aberystwyth" as the location and "Cardiganshire/Ceredigion" as the county.
Enter you details and hit Cast Vote!

Everyone can vote once a day...