Tuesday 16 January 2007

News From the Front Line.
Unfortunately some people's idea of what constitutes "starting the new year on a high" differs greatly...

In my village, like just about anywhere in the UK at the moment, there are those sorts of kids that hang around outside the local shop wearing hoodies and tracksuit bottoms whilst getting drunk and taking drugs. Ferral youths I've heard them being described as. Up until the 2nd January I had had no trouble whatsoever with these lads, though they have been getting louder and more aggressive in general over the time I've lived here.

That was to change.

They started on me, smashed windows on my car and smashed one of my house windows. All in the space of 5 hours. The Police were called twice.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly express my suprise at how well I was treated by the Police that night and how well they're keeping me up to date. I know that there is not much they can do - but there rapid presence certainly stopped these people from going any further than they did - and it is this that I am very grateful for.

Alas I can't go into too much detail at this time as there is still the possibility of arrests happening, but the full story will be posted here at a later date.

As of today, the car has been fixed (at a cost of £250) but the house window won't be done until later this week. I'm physically undamaged - luckily for me, they were too drunk/high to punch properly. I am also making arrangements to leave this house and village posthaste. Work is being extremely supportive, as are the letting agents. I thank you both, here, publicly.

I have a new house lined up - there's just a few formalities to go through and then it's sorted. It's going to be expensive - but you can't put a price on personal safety can you?! Anyway, the costs will be minimised.

No comments: