Thursday 19 October 2006

Revelations.
My voice pitch is baritone. I have decided that that is where I fit best. Thoroughly enjoyed the choir practice and am finding that I'm picking up the various pronunciations rather well. One thing I will say after this week is that it's good to be back. I'll give it a bit of time and then I look into joining an amateur dramatic company or similar - in a technical role rather than any acting. Can't act for toffee!

Have you ever tried clotted cream fudge? It is lovely. Haven't had any for years I don't think. I was just remonded of fudge by typing toffee. Not quite sure of the mental link. Anyway, I remember, when I was younger, going down to Devon/Cornwall and going to the little tea shops for tea and scones with clotted cream. I was only young but I enjoyed it. We also used to go round the fudge-making shops. That is, of course, if I'm remembering correctly.

So I quite like Devon and Cornwall. I've been there a few times. Even driven around the moors. Lovely place. I once stayed at this lovely B&B. It must have been a converted farmhouse as the room I was in had a huge window. You could easily sit on the windowsill and look out across the fields. Oh it was lovely. Can't remember the name of it now, but I'm sure it's in the archives of this blog somewhere.

Anyway, I digress. I wanted to bring up the "National Blog" day thing that happened Tuesday. The general public are invited to submit a fairly detailed account of what they did last Tuesday. You have a month or so to submit your entry and I will post what I say on this blog as well as here. The key thing is to put in the mundane little details that may be fascinating to folk a century from now.

Of course, the cynic in me says that this could all be another elaborate ploy by the government to gather every little detail of people's lives. Thus allowing them to know just how far they can push us before civil war breaks out.

And on that happy note, my homemade lamb and vegetable puff pastry pie is ready. So TTFN.

No comments: