Wednesday 11 October 2006

Over The Hump...
...as a particular Radio Double One Disc Jockey would say.

Croeso [Welcome], today has been eventful. As has last night. I shall now tell all.

Had the priviledge of going to see a really good Welsh choir. I knew one of the guys there and he arranged for me to join in with them for the second half of the evening. Suffered (and am still suffering) from an inferiority complex - but I know all I need is practice - and practice I shall!

But even during the first half was impressive. I was surrounded by Americans, not that this is a good or bad thing, merely a statement of fact. Most of the 30 or so strong audience to the rehersal was American (The rehersal was done in Welsh just to add complication!).

Anyway, I'm glad they were American because they weren't scared to talk to me like English adults. I met a few very nice people who wished me luck in my quest to join the choir. We also chatted briefly about our singing experiences. Also, the choir seemed relatively pleased (despite my Englishness) and even though I was getting overwhelmed by the whole experience, I think I made a good impression.

At least I hope I did - I'm going back next week

So that was last night's big event. This evening I have been practising and all has gone well. But today has also been good for another reason - I've set up a coal delivery. So now I'm going to have a supply of coal so I can heat myself. That's a big Yay for me thankyou.

So now I'm cooking myself some tea - meatballs with a tomato & garlic sauce - served with a cheese coated jacket potato. Bliss.

Also (yes, there's more!) I'm looking forward to work tomorrow because there are quite a few things I can get done that I've had to sit on for a few days. I like being busy - not TOO busy though ;-)

And now to use my latest Welsh word...

Hwyll

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lookie new website: http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~pm06se/

I am sending the link to everyone. I dont mind if you link to it on here. In fact I will like it if you do.

yes them words in the middle are links

Lee said...

That is a shameless, blatant plug. If it weren't any good and if it weren't from a friend, I would have come round there and kicked your arse ;-)