Friday 3 March 2006

What a Week.
Not that anything in particular has happened, I just couldn't think of a good title. Though I have done a bit this week...

First of all, cycling. Knees have been hurting so I've been taking it easy. Did a 5 mile ride on Wednesday in 45 minutes but gave up due to pain, cold, wind and snow.

So not wanting to waste time I ploughed my efforts into sending my CV off to companies. Yes, actual companies rather than going through agencies. YAY!

I went to the library to search the directories and I have so far shortlisted about 80 companies whose websites I had a look at to see if I would like to work there. Of this 80, I have sent my CV to 25 relevant companies.

While I was reading these directories I had an idea. You see, believe it or not, it's pretty tricky trying to find the names of companies who employ Electronic Engineers. There are web based directories but their classifications are pretty loose and others are just plain dodgy. So, to make it easier for future people, I'm going to compile a list of all the companies I've applied to and make it available on my website.

In car news I now have a new wheel rim and tyre. So car is runnable, but I need to sort out a permanent spare tyre - that's just a case of swapping tyres and wheel rims.

A little bit of family history news - One of my contacts on Genes Reunited has discovered that I share two ancestors with him. I know it was bound to happen sooner or later, but this is the first so I thought it deserved a special mention.

I have also noticed that my body suddenly seems to be getting hairier. That or my hair is darkening again.

I need to say well done to people who have been getting results back from exams / assignments etc. There's quite a few of you and, on the whole, you've done well. So a YAY goes out to you.

TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hair goes lighter in the sun. Maybe yours does too. So new growth would be darker?

I share two ancesters with myself. Yeah that sounds odd, to explain it... My great grandies on Dad's side were cousins. So I have the same people on two branches of my tree after a certain point.

LOL

Meeting Emma and Jen at 3. Can't forget. I have the pilates book in my bag now. That is an improvement. Doubt I will have time to scan any today, but at least it will be in there on Monday when I do have time.

Anonymous said...

Helen and I thank you for the YAY... we will now celebrate with chinese!

:D

Anonymous said...

I've just found out chinese duck is... yuck :s

Anonymous said...

My monopoly on anonynous replies is gone! I feel oddly annoyed by this in my knurd state.

And annoyed at myself that I didn't thank you for the YAY. So Thanks. Sorry for the random call. I hope it didn't interrupt anything important.

I will go now. Continue as before.