Thursday 24 March 2005

Revision Day 3:
Have managed to make a good start on semester 2 digital work. Have got equations sorted in my head and I have a good amount of knowledge I can show off in the exam. I think I've covered an exam question now, but I can't be sure.

I've noticed that in the last 3 exam papers, the first 2 were the same topics and the 3rd and 4th were on a different topic. The earliest paper I could find (6 years ago) must have been before the syllabus was changed as it covers things we haven't done. So I'm not sure what topics to be covering. Still, I reckon I can learn nearly all of the past topics to a reasonable degree.

Trouble is, you'll get 10 marks (out of 25) for a question that just requires number crunching. Now at this level that can't be worth much (2 or 3 marks max). So I'm making sure I write down why I'm doing something and how that relates to everything else and some background info. That way, I can write lots for a questiopn and show that I understand why and how to do something.

No comments: