Friday 14 January 2005

Quite a day today. I've been wandering around the darkest depths of the Mechanical Departments and R&D sections of the uni. Also, the continuing saga of "Lee's Amazing Adventures" adds a new chapter...

I'm going to Norwich. I have to go there to look at a thesis. I've been corresponding with the UEA library and I'm all sorted for my visit. I have to book a B&B soon - I have the number for one, I just hope they have a vacancy.

On a completely different subject, I am slightly annoyed by the way certain companies refuse to reply to you just because you're a student. When I leave uni, I'm going to need their services greatly - so wouldn't it be prudent to serve me well now so that I'm biased towards them when I need them?

Also - usual gripe about music students.

I'm very excited about this trip. I do like my adventures. I've not been to East Anglia before either. So I intend to have a look at the sights while I'm there. So I'll miss my Wednesday lecture probably. But, it's only a 4hour drive - not half as bad as I expected. literally - i thought it'd be 8 hours minimum!

Have successfully dropped Wednesdays at work and promotion prospects are looking good.

I'm in a very boyant mood right now, I only hope it lasts.

Take care everyone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just seen first ever Huygens picture. Looking interesting. Course the only useful sites I can find are in German, but that doesnt bother me.

Be careful in UEA, highest student suicide rate in all of the UK. Very depressive there it must be.

Can I add Drama/Film students to your music students gripe?

When's your adventures going to lead you in this direction? The invitation is open, but if you dont book soon then I will have used all my holiday up at work. If you need an extra incentive I will promise bikkits and desserts if necessary. I might even bake a cake if asked REALLY nicely.

This place is becoming to feel like home. Less home than Aber, but more home than Lincolnshire. Dont think anywhere will ever be as much home as Aber mind you.

It only takes 5 hours to get to Aber from home and there are huge hills to traverse - so you are quite quite mad for thinking it would take 8 hours to get to UEA. Could get from Aber to there in about 8 hours I imagine.

mmmm... curry.