Wednesday 24 November 2004

Just the one gripe that i'd like to get out of the way...

There's a little cafe over at our end of the uni. It has many sandwhiches and panini's but the cooked food is a little less varied. Today we have:
jacket potato (plain),
vegetable samosa's,
vegetable curry,
chicken tikka massala,
sausage and bacon.

and it's not much better over the rest of the week. I often have to keep reminding myself that only something like 5% of students here are foreign students. You wouldn't think it walking around. Still - that can be explained. Anyway - my point is I feel like I'm the odd one out - with so many facilities to cater for foreign students. I know they need it cos they're the one's making the biggest leap, but i can't help how i feel.

I'm going to see if i can drop a shift at work. probably wednesdays since I'm not needed as badly on a wednesday. Need more time for assignments and write ups, and studying. Will have a chat with my supervisor if he's in. See what he thinks when i explain the situation. I won't just stop suddenly, i'll wait to see if they can hire a replacement first. It's not that vital.

Am off into town to get lunch now. Wanted something cooked but at least Greggs don't ignore me. Also, it's cheaper. ABout the same amount of choice mind you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have asked for the curry on the potato.
Anon!