Monday 28 June 2004

Ok, while we're still in June, I'd best let you know about my birthday.

Well, I had the friday and monday booked off so I could have a long weekend. Last of my holiday time you know! Well, Thursday night I get told of a night out. So I hurry from work, get home, eat, dress, then rush to the station to get the train to home home where this celebrating was happening. I get there for about 10, pretty good going to say I was in London at 6! Well I got there, met the folks I used to play footie with. God they've grown. Most were taller than me and one kept licking me neck.

Anywho, we then went to a club I'd not been to before. It was ok. It was a student night so I felt quite at home. So we stayed there till I can't remember when. Midnightish possibly. Had fun, it was worth the rush.

So, the morning after Al's birthday bash, I get a call askin where I am. Well, I'm still asleep - not realising that the trip to Alton Towers was today (Friday 11th) and not Saturday. So I get up, get moaned at for smelling, arrive hungry and tired, and still quite tipsy around midday. I then proceeded to go on Nemesis, Air, log flume thing, black hole thing, corkscrew thing. Not bad to say I've never been on a rollercoaster in my life until that day.

Isn't alcohol lovely?

Well on the night we do what I wanted to do - and that was to go play pool. We must've stayed for, oh I dunno, an hour, and everyone went. I half wanted to stay on my own.

Saturday I spent catchin up on all the sci-fi I'd missed off sky1. On the evening went for meal with parents and bumped into an old friend who wasn't as psychotic that night.

Sunday - my birthday. Parents take me out for lunch. Very nice it was. Then we got back. I wanted to go watch the footie somewhere since I've not done that before, and it being my 21st I wanted to do a lot of firsts.

But, alas, nobody could be bothered. But, my parents did help with champagne, cake, lager and football. Ok, so we lost to France in a nerve racking game, but it was a good match. Then watched a bit more telly and went to bed.

Monday I went home. But before I left, I texted my cousin. Just to see if he'd noticed that he'd completely forgotten about our plans for Saturday. Nope, he hadn't noticed. In fact, he was quite curious as to why I was back in the area.

No comments: