Friday 13 February 2004

To behindanonymity.blogspot.com:
The one thing that shook me most from reading what you have written, is the calmness of it. It isn't said in anger, in spite, in misery or, for that matter, happiness. It is very objective.

From what you do say, I'm left to believe that this is just the tip of the iceberg. But I'm going to stick by what I said, and what I implied. I think, that before you do this, you should try every other possibility. I agree that society does view suicide as a weakness - I don't see it quite like that, but I still believe it should be the very last option.

Don't think of how foolish I am, think how much misery it will bring if I continued living with such a life.

I don't want any pity from anyone. Just know that there are people with exceptionally harsh lives out there.


I don't for one second think you're foolish. Indeed, there are people with lives a lot worse than mine. I can't say I've ever seriously thought about suicide, but I have been low. But this isn't about that sort of thing, I'm drifting off the subject.

I really don't know what to say. Not that the words of a stranger mean anything anyway. Just be really really really sure it's the best option. People will be upset, people will be shocked and they will have to live through this. People will miss you. What about whoever finds you? What will it do to their lives? Things like that can disturb people for a long time.

But then, you've probably considered all of that - you bloody well better have done.

Yes, I'm probably contradicting myself and making little sense. That's normal.

Nothing I can say will change your mind.

This whole thing has upset me. I'm an emotional person. and I'm also bloody freaked out by the way I'm talking to someone who could be dead in a few weeks. What the hell do you say? Legally I can't say "good luck", I don't particularly want to say that either. I just want to be sure you know that your choice is the only choice, and all other choices have been used. But, how will I ever be sure? So I'll say this:

Goodbye

No comments: