Wednesday 8 March 2023

Reinstating the kitchen

This evening I tried to be clever. You'd think I would have learned by now that that only ever ends badly.

So, as I've previously mentioned, the isolation switch and wires in the kitchen cupboard were really tricky to remove. They needed to be removed to move the cupboard and fit the plumbing because there was so little slack in the cables.

So I tried extending the cables using crimps. I don't know if it was user-error, shoddy crimps or a cheap crimping tool, but I couldn't get the wires secured into the crimp.


So that was promptly abandoned and I went with refitting the bits using the previous setup. 


It actually went together fairly smoothly. Slowly, but smoothly. The isolation switch took some faffing, because the wires are so thick, they are hard to manoeuvre into place. 

Ince that was done I tested out the length of the hoses to/from the dishwasher. They don't reach. I hoped we might get away with it, but no. I already have an extension for the waste pipe, but I'll need to buy a new, longer, inlet hose.


No comments: