Monday 18 September 2006

A Rainy Day on Anglesey?!
Before I have my tea, I just wanted to get something off my chest.

I was at the shop (or siop in Welsh), and there were two ladies in front of me at the till who, as is normal round here, were having quite a chat with the lady behind the counter. I didn't mind, I was in no rush and what they were talking about was interesting - not that I was listening!

Well it came to serving me and the lady behind the counter just went silent - didn't even say hello. I tried to be friendly, but to no avail and to be honest I was hurt by that. Why is it that ladies seem to assume I won't be friendly, or that I'm coming on to them if I'm friendly or chatty, or compliment them?

Is it so wrong to pay a lady a compliment? Today at work I complimented a lady on her haircut - it looked nice - was I supposed to ignore that and be ignorant just because that is what is expected of me?

No, on this I am not going to conform. It truly is nice to be nice - and if I have to launch a one-man crusade to drill this into society then so be it. You have been warned - I am going to be nice to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to start a one man crusade!

You can compliment women on stuff though I must admit if some guy tried to compliment me I'd be a bit freaked out if he was't my boyfriend.

Women have to be more careful these days cos of the kind of guys that are around.

Anyways, you take care.

Anonymous said...

let's have a "nice" campaign...