Friday 15 September 2006

Guess Who's Back.

Job? Check.
House? Check.
Electricity? Check.
Phone line? Check.
Computer? Check.
Modem? Check.
8Meg broadband? Check.

Big grin? Check.

Need I say more? Oh, alright then, I will...

It's been a long haul thing, but the world is now at my fingertips once more. No longer anywhere near as cut off from the outside world, I only need one more thing to say that I am truly 'settled'. That would be a sofa. Which is on order :-D

Work is going well, I have settled in and on the whole I think my progress is good. It's annoying at times when my own inexperience stares me in the face, but it's the only way to learn. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Getting up at 6am is taking its toll on me; I usually have big headaches over the weekend (just the weekend though :-s) and my skin is getting dry. But if that's all that is wrong, I think I'm doing rather well.

I've been busy taking photo's and I have some stunning views to share. All I need to do is get the computer to realise there's a camera attached to it. I won't hold my breath - getting the modem installed took the best part of three hours.

While I've been gone, my hotmail account got deleted. I've reclaimed it, so I hope there weren't any important emails.

I have a lot of catching up to do. I have to install various softwares and I also want to actually see some of this space station work that's being carried out as opposed to reading and seeing blurry pictures.

I'll write soon. It's good to be back.

No comments: