Wednesday 22 December 2004

It's Pre-Christmas Update time...

*cheers*

Have been relaxing since handing in my 'Digital' assignment. Am glad it's out the way, but still have nagging doubts over the way I've done it.

Had the Staff Christmas Meal on Monday night. That was fun. It was a lovely meal of Prawns (starter) Lamb (main course) and Christmas Pudding (dessert). Don't know why I capitalised those words.

Anyway, most of us then went to a kareoke bar place that is renowned in Huddersfield for something. I don't know what it's renowned for but everyone knows it's name. And I have now been there.

I left the party at nearly 2am, walked all the way home. Got stopped by the police at one point. Well I was wearing a black coat, black gloves and walking through the streets of outer Huddersfield at 2 in the morning. I look suspicious at the best of times! Anyway, they seemed satisfied I wasn't a troublemaker.

So then, it's the big day on Friday. Wish I had my big blue christmas hat (I know it's meant to be a wizzzard hat, but it was the only one in the shoppe). Work is finishing at 9 (45 minutes early - I've already had complaints about us being shut Christmas day), at which point I'm jumping into my car and beginning Operation Santa.

First Stop: Tracy's house (Lancashire), cards and presents
Second Stop: Micheal's house (West Mids), he may not be there but it's the only way he'll get his present and card.
Third Stop: Chris's house (West Mids), drop off cards for my cousins
Fourth Stop: Esther's house (Worcestershire), drop off card and appraise her ner home since I haven't seen it yet.
Fifth Stop: Parents House (West Mids), primarily for sleep!

It's gonna take me a good 3 hours to do the journey so I should get back by 2am at the very latest. Still, I'm looking forward to it. I am actually excited about it. I like these challenges.

Well, I have to go and get some money out at the cash machine and then it's back home for dinner, then I'm off to work for my penultimate shift this side of Christmas.

I would now like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments: