Thursday 15 July 2004

Tried to get an early night last night - failed more or less completely. Ah well. I'm at work early today - need to make up me hours before tomorrow
*excited giggle*

Am gettin butterflies about lookin for places to live at uni. Still don't know whether to go for a decent place (expensive) or go for a student place. Either way I think I'd be better on my own, but I have a house to visit that's shared with 3 others. Trouble is, they're the same age as me. Which is worrying cos I've seen what some of my contemporaries act like. Still - I can't be a one-off - can i?

I just want to settle. I have done for ages. But no.
*sigh*

I'm off out tonight so I believe. Wish me luck. And everybody hope that a certain somebody won't be there stirring up trouble and sharking. Poor women.

So, I go into today feeling tired and without motivation. My project is annoying me. Get this - I know the software works, I know the hardware works, I know that the two work together. BUT, the end-result is subject to random and non-random anomolies. You think I want to start fixing that? You've gotta be kiddin! Hopefully today will go quickly (I doubt it will) and then tomorrow comes and it's just forms, meetings, emptying of desk and I'm off into the sunset.

Move-out is Saturday evening. My landlady has been on holiday and I've enjoyed having the place to myself. Apart from the hoovering, I think I looked after the house pretty well. It went so well staying at her house that I may consider becomming a lodger at uni. MAY consider. I've bought her a thankyou card but I don't know what to get her for a present, so I may just leave the card. We'll see.

Got no plans Friday night - was gonna go to the pub for a meal, but if nobody else's there then what's the point in taking up a table in a busy pub?

Had pizza for tea last night. Why do Domino's Pizza persist in trying to sell large pizza's for the same price as a small? And also when ordering, why do they insist you have a large size? I managed to convince the guy that all I wanted was a medium this time. Luckily. I only just managed the medium!

My cousin rang me yesterday while I was at work. Missed his call though.

Cuz - I don't have me mobile on at work, and you have my work number. And I tried ringing you back last night around 7ish, but ya phones were off. I hope everythin's ok. I'll come round ya house next week with Trace probly.

Well, that's all of my news. As for the rest of the world, I'm somewhere near what you might call passive despair. And the events have triggered some statements I'd like to make puiblicly (bear in mind this is just how I feel right now):
Israel/Palestine - You both need sorting out, if you were squabbling kids there's a line parents like to use that I feel is quite appropriate... "I'll knock your heads together if you don't stop it"
Iraq - Why are certain people so against a stable government that, hopefully, will be a democratic government? It doesn't have to be a western style - just one that listens to its people, that's chosen by its people and that looks after its people.
Afghanistan - Has the world forgotten this place? They have their presedential elections coming up, but there is real doubt that a fair election can take place. Doesn't anyone find that the least bit concerning?
Zimbabwe - Why are we letting Mugabe ruin his country? Ok, so it's his country and he can do what he damn well pleases, but he's ruining it, and somebody needs to stand up to him and stop him from eliminating the democracy there.
Africa in general - The fight against aids is a big task, certain governments seem unwilling to do anything about this. Just one question - if every young person dies of aids, then who will govern the country in the future?
Russia - We need to keep a close eye on this country. Not least because the democracy there is fragile. Now, that country is massive, and trying to get the hundreds of millions living there into a reasonable state of housing after so many centuries of neglect, well it's a big task. And I agree with some analysts that say it may be what the country needs until it gets onto its feet. This doesn't apply to Zimbabwe, they were doing really well prior to the trouble.
UK - Again, a story of neglect in certain areas (transport etc.). To be fair, it could be a lot worse, but we're meant to be one of the leading countries in the world. As for our government and intelligence services - how can they get in such a state that we can be presented with facts that aren't actually fact.

That'll do for now. Should get on with something *waves*

No comments: