Tuesday 24 February 2004

Ok, three things for this afternoon's update (which in itself is odd due to the next one being scheduled for March some time).

1) Read some information about problem colleagues. Found the category I fit in to, but not the one they fit into. So the problem must be mine. But I already do what the advice says i.e. saying no to things I can't do. I try not to promise the world. I know what I'm capable of, I just annoy myself when I fail. It isn't my incompitence, it is, in fact, not knowing the whole picture. So in future I shall endeavour to get as much information as possible before I start something. Though it would help if I even had prper equipment to start with!

2) Now we come on to the main reason for todays post. My friend, Perdysha, received the following comment on her journal:

Hi. I'm new to blogging and all, so please excuse me if I'm breaking some sort of etiquitte here. I'm looking for the owner of:
http://jamba.blogspot.com
I believe it said this blog belongs to his mate.
I'd very much like to pass a note to the girl in behindanonymity and jamba seemed to be in at least some sort of contact with her.
I wonder could I even send a note to jamba to post on his blog for her.
ANYTHING! I'd just like to offer friendship and listening - I'm not a crazy stalker or a bible beater or anything like that.
My blog is not up yet, my email is xx@yy.zz
[blanked for security]
Please contact me if you can help and again, I apologize for bothering you.


Thirdly, my reply:
3) Hi Jenny (I presume that's your name) first of all, the fact that you have gone to such lengths to get in touch says something in itself. I shall be sending an email to you shortly, which will give you my address should you want to talk about this issue further. I am replying publicly so as everything is out in the open.

I would now like to make something clear (mainly for legal reasons):
I have no contact with the girl behindanonymity
The order of events were as follows:
1) I come across a disturbing blog, completely accidentally.
2) I am in the process of updating my blog and comment on what I saw
3) Someone else saw a reply to my comments on the disturbing blog.
4) I replied using my blog because I didn't want to face saying nothing
5) I found a second reply from behind anonymity

Ok, now that's out the way I shall continue my reply. Jenny (if that's your name), feel free to write about this on your own blog. I could put a comment on mine, but there is just as much chance of the behindanonymity person would even read it.

I know what is written on behindanonymity is disturbing. I know of a few people, including myself, who have been upset over this. But, if the behindanonymity person does read this blog, she will already know that you care. So I have to recommend you say nothing further because in all likelyhood nothing you could say could change her mind. Though the choice is indeed yours.

As I've already said, I'll send a blank email to you so you have my address. Then, if you want to talk I can try and help.

No comments: