Monday 2 June 2003

It's another day.

In fact, 2 days later.

Everything has been moved out of Huddersfield. Room is packed with stuff (no pun intended). So is the loft. All my stuff. Went for a lovely meal Saturday in my favourite pub. It's in a village just out of Stourbridge. Lovely food. There's this waitress. I think she's the daughter of the family that own the pub. She's been working there for years. Still, I have no idea how old she is. I've been wondering for a very long time. Had a bit of a crush on her at one time, and got it into my head that she had one on me too. So weird. Nice lass though. Always a pleasure to see her.

Sunday went well too. Was quite civilised. Said a decent goodbye. Altogether a success though. Had a nice Sunday lunch in one of our locals up there. We have 4 pubs we go to, all dotted around Huddersfield. All lovely places that do lovely food. Some have more attractive staff than others, but that's just normal.

Monday, today, is ok. There's a few people I want to help but can't. Mainly cos I have no idea how to. Ah well. Was expecting my Discworld book to arrive today, but looks like it isn't going to after all. I'll hope for tomorrow. Dad asked me to tidy up the kitchen, so, unlike me, I actually did. I also hoovered the house - but that was only cos sisters hair was all over the floor. And i couldn't stands no more!

Lentil soup for lunch was lovely.

So, rest of day has been spent waiting for 18:45 tonight. Listening to radio 1.

Why 18:45? cos that's when Beagle2 and Mars Express take off from Baikonur, Kazakhstan. For once, the ESA are televising this launch, and even though it's on a russian Soyuz launcher - it aint american!!!!!! So me happy. It's a big day for the ESA, and indeed Aberystwyth Uni who designed Beagle2 so I'm lead to believe. So i'll be watching live. I thought i'd have lots of trouble getting the RealOne Player to work. Cos it's been playin up for ages - but it all seems fine now. so i'll leave it loaded and ready to watch the coverage that starts 30 mins before the launch. Can u believe that there was ONE shared file stopping windows from loading, running and shutting down properly? Replaced it, and somehow any resulting problems have ironed themselves out! So I'm quite impressed with this good old home computer right now - even if the cd drive is failing, along with the floppy drive. Dad's thinking of just buying a new motherboard CD drive and floppy drive and reusing everythin else. Which will probly save a load of money, just not entirely sure i could do it!

No comments: